Summer is upon us, and that probably means you’ll be spending a lot of time at the movie theater. Forget about the popcorn (Here’s an insider secret from someone who used to work at a movie theater: it’s usually stale because a lot of places store uneaten popcorn in trash bags for the next day); you’ll enjoy your movie a lot more with a candy treat – and you won’t have to worry about getting butter everywhere.
Here’s a list of the best movie theater candy that will be worth your $12 (that’s about what they’re charging these days, right?):
10. Sno-Caps: Not many candies think to incorporate sprinkles, which is pretty genius as they add a satisfying crunch to these tiny chocolate morsels.
9. Milk Duds: Aside from peanut butter, caramel is the second best addition to chocolate (personal opinion). A fair warning, though: If you have dentures, you might wan to steer clear of these babies.
8. Mike and Ike: These fruity candies would be higher — but they’re lacking a little something…sour (see number 1).
7. Skittles: Who doesn’t like Skittles? Don’t answer that; I donâ€™t think I want to know.
5. Goobers: The only thing better than peanuts? Well, aside from peanut butter? Peanuts dipped in milk chocolate.
4. Junior Mints: They’re dark chocolate pieces with a peppermint filling; they taste sweet while freshening your breath. And I normally don’t like mint-flavored foods.
3. Raisinets: Normally, you wouldn’t associate raisins, a fairly healthy snack, with a night at the movies. But chocolate-covered raisins? That’s quite a clever way to make sure we eat our fruits, Nestle. Well played.
2. Buncha Crunch: The deliciousness of a Nestle Crunch bar in bite-size form. Also, if you splurged on candy and popcorn (big spender, you), a couple of Buncha Crunch bits make a great addition to a handful of popcorn.
1. Sour Patch Kids: Does this need an explanation? OK, fine. The commercials say it best: “First they’re sour. Then they’re sweet.”
So what do you think – what’s your favorite movie candy? Did we miss any?