This is my second All Candy Expo and even though the initial shock and awe has worn off I still can’t help but be amazed by the whole thing. It’s like Halloween for adults… they even give you a bag to
go trick-or-treating with collect review samples of candy.
There is so much new candy coming, it’s amazing… here is a quick recap of some of the candy we saw/tasted/heard about today:
- Wrigley is introducing two new flavors of 5 Gum: Elixir (mouthwatering berry) and Lush (a crisp tropical flavor sensation)
- Jelly Belly has new Coldstone Creamery flavors of jellybeans
- New peanutty chocolate candy bar from Barton’s called NutJob
- Also from Barton’s come Fruit-A-Majigs made with real fruit
- Tootsie Pop Drops are back
- Mentos now makes gum in Red Fruit/Lime, Spearmint, and Peppermint flavors. Tried Red Fruit/Lime and it’s good (haven’t tasted the others yet)!
- Dale and Thomas is doing some great stuff with chocolate and popcorn. Tried some samples – man, they’re good!
- PEZ is now shipping chocolate PEZ. Same candy shape and texture, but chocolate flavored. Tastes just like a chocolate Tootsie Pop minus the Tootsie center.
- New Tootsie Pop flavor – pomegranate.
- Charms Maxxed Energy Pop – a lollipop with Ginseng, Guarana, Taurine & B-vitamins.
- From Annabelle: Rocky Road Supreme Mocha and Rocky Road Supreme Peanut Butter
- Loud Truck introduces orange Energy Gummies. They are tasty!
- Fererro introduces Tic Tac Chill in Exotic Cherry and Paradise Mint flavors. They’re a little larger than regular Tic Tacs and they are sugar-free (sweetened with Xylitol).
- Pnot Butter flavored (peanut-free) Sixlets: same Sixlets shape and size but with peanut butter flavored center (made from soy)
- Chuao has a new Chocopod called Firecracker: dark chocolate with chipotle chile, salt, and popping candy. AMAZING taste. Might be the best thing I’ve tried so far at the show.
- VE2 Energy Gum. VE2 Press Release
- Mars is bringing Premium M&M’s to the market in Raspberry Almond, Chocolate Almond, Triple Chocolate, Mocha, and Mint Chocolate flavors. Besides being beautiful with their metallic/pearlescent coating, the outer coating is NOT crunchy like normal M&Ms. I only tried one flavor so far but it was good.
Ok, that’s it for now. I have personal meetings with Wonka/Nestle, Hershey, Wrigley, and Mars in the next two days so lots of juicy details coming on their new products.
And… we’ll have loads of extra candy after the show – stay tuned for a giveaway of the extra candy here on the site soon.