What better time than right after Thanksgiving to write about chocolates with flavors like Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Cranberry, and Egg Nog? Ethel’s Chocolates Seasonal Collection contains these flavors Dreamy White and Cinnamon & Sugar. Upon opening the package I was impressed at how beautiful the chocolates are. They have unique wavy edges and each one has a unique painted design on top along with the name of each chocolate written on them. No more guessing the flavors in your box of chocolates!
Here’s a run-down of each flavor:
- Pumpkin Pie: White Chocolate outside with Pumpkin Pie filling. I’ve never been crazy about white chocolate and pumpkin pie flavor has never been my favorite. The white chocolate was way too sweet (as I feel most white chocolate is), but the center tasted just like pumpkin pie.
- Cinnamon & Sugar: Dark Chocolate outside with a Cinnamon & Sugar center. Very nice dark chocolate and the cinnamon sugar truffle center is pretty good too. I liked it. Not my favorite, but pretty good.
- Dreamy White: White chocolate outside with a chocolate truffle-like center. Very good. The center was very light – almost like a thick chocolate pudding.
- Pecan Pie: Milk chocolate outside with a pecan truffle center. This has no whole pecans – it’s a pecan-truffle center. It’s very good and I’m not a huge fan of pecan pies.
- Cranberry: Milk chocolate outside with a cranberry center. This is very tart. Surprisingly so. It’s almost too tart. The cranberry center overpowers the milk chocolate. It’s very tart, but good if you like cranberry.
- Egg Nog: Dark Chocolate outside with an egg nog truffle center. I’ve always been a little scared of egg nog and was a little scared of this too. The center tasted very much like I remember egg nog tasting. Nope, didn’t like it.
Ethel’s Chocolates are high-quality, fancy chocolates without a doubt, but the flavors in the Seasonal Collection just didn’t thrill me, but that’s because I don’t care for most of those flavors in general. They also make other collections like their Cocktail Collection and the American Pop Collection which both sound great and sound like they have flavors I would enjoy more.
After I tried each flavor, I let my wife take the rest of the chocolates to the ladies at her work and they absolutely LOVED them. I thought they were good, the flavors just weren’t my favorites.