Sweet Products! Sweeter Prices! Blair Candy

Candy Warehouse

All your favorite classic candies - Dubble Bubble, Runts, Crunch, Baby Ruth, Laffy Taffy, Nerds, and lots more! For men, women, and children.

Old Time Candy

ACandyStore.com - Yummy Candy, Discount Prices - Feel Like a Kid!

Cool and wacky candy from Japan

Jane-Jane Tasty Tuna Tidbits Candy

Categories: Candy,Gross Candy,Weird Candy

Tasty Tuna Tidbits

There you are at the party when you suddenly see a bowl of shiny foil wrapped candies sitting in a bowl. You reach down and unwrap it while talking with that person that you have wanted to make a good impression. Continuing that conversation you pop the delicious treat into your mouth. You smile and think, “Mmm….er. Oh my goodness. I-I-I am going to hurl. This tastes like… FISH! I can’t spit this out, they will see…” You chew and swallow as soon as you can.

You just ate a piece of Jane-Jane Tasty Tuna Tidbits Candy. These deceptive-looking treats might be a good gag at a party, and they may actually taste good. The idea of fish candy (with tuna as its main ingredient) is something that will not catch on very quickly in America. I haven’t tried it, and I don’t really want to. Jelly Belly already has their sardine-flavored Jelly Bean, and that is enough fish candy for me.

candy, sweets, fish, tuna, gross, weird, salty, soy

Related Articles:
  • No related posts ...

12 Responses to “Jane-Jane Tasty Tuna Tidbits Candy”

1. 1
    shannon says:

That is so gross. I am gagging thinking about it. ugh.

2. 2
    April says:

Yeah so gross!!!!!

3. 3
    Jenny says:

Yes, gross, but I am strangely curious….

4. 4
    Rhea says:

I work near Chinatown in Boston and I always wander into the grocery stores there, fascinated with the stuff in the candy aisle. But, you know what? I never buy any because I am afraid of exactly what you wrote about today: coming home with something completely, unthinkably disgusting.

5. 5
    cybele says:

What makes you think this is candy? There are lots of dried fish & crab snacks in Japan & Asia. It doesn’t actually say candy on the package and when I went to the Asian Grocer link they classify it as a snack food.

6. 6
    Robert says:

Asian Food Grocer calls it, “Tasty Tuna Tidbit Candy” and the second ingredient is Sugar and Sorbitol is also an ingredient (yes, I know that isn’t a lot in todays sugar-filled society, but it is something). Full list: Tuna, sugar, salt, m.s.g, soy sauce (soybean, wheat, salt, sugar), sorbitol, sorbic acid. They are also wrapped like cute little candies.

7. 7
    Sera says:

Ha! I want to use this as a prank in my shared-office space….. *evil grin*

8. 8
    Tani says:

Believe it or not… I have actually tried them. XD
    They’re surprisingly good, or the brand I tried were, if they make more than one brand of this stuff. Salty and sweet at once, and kinda chewy, maybe like dried fruit or meat. You wouldn’t eat a lot at once, but they’re nice after-dinner snacks.

9. 9
    Trish says:

I’ve had the real Chinese version. (I was in Taiwan). They aren’t candy in the traditional sense (sugar base and all that). They’re really dried fish cubes. It’s like eating a piece of beef jerky only less tough and differently flavored. They’re not bad, a little sweet and salty– savoury. I guess you have to be used to dried meat, fish, and dried “salty” plums–most aren’t salty, but sour– (Chinese food can be weird-you ain’t seen nothing yet) to understand why these are considered candy.

10. 10
    Shannon says:

This is the best stuff in the world. And if you ever get used to them they’re addicting like yeast candy and algae candy. I have finished a whole bad of this stuff in one sitting. This like beef jerky and fermented tofu is definitely an acquired taste. =)

11. 11