Candy Warehouse

Old Time Candy

ACandyStore.com - Yummy Candy, Discount Prices - Feel Like a Kid!

Cool and wacky candy from Japan

Make Your Own Bubble Gum

Categories: Candy,Gum

Bubble Gum Kit

There are lots of kits available that allow you to make your own bubble gum. I just can’t imagine that it really tastes good though. I guess the fun of it is in making it…it doesn’t have to taste good. Although you could make any flavor gum you want with candy flavoring oils (pistachio gum? YUCK). Has anyone tried making your own bubble gum at home? Which kit did you use (if any)? Was it fun? Was it worth doing? Did it work? I’m just wondering if I should try it with my daughter sometime in the future. Post in the comments if you have tried it!

Prices seem to be between $12 and $18 for a kit.

MYOBG at HearthSong
MYOBG recipe/kit at Leeners
Candy flavoring oils
MYOBG Google search

tags:

Related Articles:

31 Responses to “Make Your Own Bubble Gum”

1. 1
    Morgan says:

When I was a little kid, newly obsessed with anything sugar, I got a barbie gum kit.
    Basically, instaed of using oils, powders, whatever, ect, you would put gums together.
    So you would buy lets say Double Bubble, and mint, then you’d add some powdered sugar and you would squish the gum(with the components of the kit) into shapes and sizes.
    It was easy, fun and didn’t taste to bad.
    I liked it.

-Morgan

2. 2
    rachel says:

i want to know how to make gum without a kit for a science project.

3. 3
    rachel says:

hi i was wondering what are the ingredients to make bubblegum and how do u cook it and stuff because i have a bubblegum machine but i have ran out of gum to put in it and the shops dont sell it anymore

4. 4
    Kelly says:

We needed to do an invention for my daughter’s science class. She chose to do a new bubblegum flavor. We didn’t buy any kits but purchased the gum base and citric acid from another website. We purchased the other items from local stores.

My daughter is 12 and had a blast making the gum. She did well with the flavor, according to all her friends, but the problem was making the flavor last. She liked doing it though. If your daughter is young you will have to do the mixing until the base cools. Have fun! we used this website http://www.leeners.com/gumrecipe.html for purchase of items and directions to make the gum.

5. 5
    Candy Addict » Discovery Bubble Gum Factory says:

[...] We wrote about making your own bubblegum before, but now Discovery has come out with this end-all be-all gum making kit. With it, you can make sour gum, color-change gum, spicy gum, and even gooey center-filled gum. Sounds like fun! I really need to try one of these with my daughter. [...]

6. 6
    katie says:

where is the ingredents I cant find it. why cant google put more info on the webs? well I’m doing a science fair paper and I cant find anything anywhere. Gosh, Son Of a Monkey.Spank!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. 7
    richard says:

I was wondering how would you time the lasting of the gum flavor? I really need to know for a science project.please////// I really need to know if you can please write back ////////…….,,,,,,,,,llllllll;;;;;;””[]]]][][][][[][][][][]\[\[====

8. 8
    Via says:

HEY!! I can’t find the ingrediants anywhere!!!!!!! Get this page 2gether MISTER TTFN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. 9
    Carolyn says:

Here you go..

10. 10
    Terra says:

Does anyone happen to know if Gum Base and Gum Paste is the same thing? I’m wanting to make Bubble Gum and gum base is the only thing I can’t find. I was able to find Gum paste, will this work?????

11. 11
    sherry says:

i need 2 know how to make bubble gum by wednesday, plz help me!

12. 12
    amanda says:

i like it… its really cool but one time i made some nd it turned out gray because i forgot the food coloring lol my bad :]

13. 13
    amanda says:

i want to make my own bubble gum that i can chew everyday i am in love with bubblegum my favorite is bubbleyum flavor blue rasberry :]

14. 14
    kula says:

Can anyone tell me where i can find GUMBASE but not from the internet. i want to know where i could find gumbase in cananda, i need for my project, so if anyone could find a place nere quebec or montreal please write!!!

15. 15
    tommy says:

can u make bubble gum without gum base????? please reply
    myemail is hillbillytom@gmail.com

16. 16
    Elizabeth says:

I lost my instructions….. please help me…. email me them please

17. 17
    Elizabeth says:

please!!! help me!!

18. 18
    Elizabeth says:

plz plz plz plz plz plz

19. 19
    Elizabeth says:

I LOVE BUBBLEGUM SOOO PLZ HELP ME!!!

20. 20
    Carolyn says:

how do make bubblegum different colours?
    why was bubblegum made?
    is bubblegum good for you?
    what happens if you chew too much bubblegum?
    what happens if you swallow ur gum?
    how do you make bubblegum?
    is bubblegum bad for you?

21. 21
    Carolyn says:

plz i need these answers!

22. 22
    mariuxi says:

i am hungry

23. 23
    mariuxi says:

please i need to make a project about inventing any thing i want i need the right info

24. 24
    doris says:

I need to get an idea about anything in science project please HELP……………

25. 25
    karina says:

nothing. just chilling because i am tired and hungry

26. 26
    tasya says:

i never tried

27. 27
    Phoebe says:

I really wanna try making it ,it looks so cool and I love gum. Its THE BEST!!!!

28. 28
    Sam says:

Hey do you guys know if I can make MEAT flavored gum?
    I’m going to do a presentation on an invention and I wanna do it on that.Please rep[;y if you know anything that could help.

29. 29
    potnoodles says:

I decided to try and make the recipe on the lenners website but, am a bit confused by the whole ‘gum base’ thing (it seems like cheating and is turning out to be hard to get!). Does any know of a recipe that doesn’t involve gum base?

Also, does anyone know of a British shop that sells it (or somewhere online?) for less than £9 a lb?

P.S. Your not gonna win any science competitions or get good grades by asking people for answers from a candy addict blog. Trying working it out yourself.

P.P.S The maths question is a bit hard, can you make it easier? Lol.

30. 30
    Rissa says:

I was thinking, and wanted to learn how to make bubble gum. My parents probably wnt buy me a kit or anything so can you make gum with normal materials that I could old have here? I need easy instructions because I’m only eleven. Thanks. Please reply thanks. I just found this on google so if you have the answer just send it to me at aefpunk@comcast.net.

31. 31
    Rissa says:

I was thinking, and wanted to learn how to make bubble gum. My parents probably wont buy me a kit or anything so can you make gum with normal materials that I could old have here? I need easy instructions because I’m only eleven. Thanks. Please reply thanks. I just found this on google so if you have the answer just send it to me at aefpunk@comcast.net.